Friday, November 20, 2009

Sampler stitching for November 2009

Designer: Moira Blackburn
Title: Peaceful Garden

Count: 211 by 327

18 ct Aida Rustico
Finished size: Size 12 x 18" (2 over 1 thread)
Using DMC threads. Probably would have given a more interesting look if done in over-dyed threads.

Started: 11/2/2009
Image Date: 11/12/2009

Moira Blackburn's designs have always intrigued me. I love the colors she chooses for her samplers. I have 5 of her designs in my library, so I decided to at least start one. I don't normally like Aida cloth and after working with this a bit, I began to realize why. Very stiff construction. I'm using a Q-snap frame, sized 11 x 17, instead of my scroll lap frame so I can travel with it. I've travelled with it from California to Arizona and it's been kind of a bulky project when sitting in the front seat of the car. My husband would say, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are blocking my view of the passenger side mirror. So... when I need to pass and move to the left lane... down it goes... then you can put back up after I get there". Oh well... it kept us under constant entertainment.

No comments: