Design called for Valdani threads but I substituted the colors with Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Art threads. Fabric used is 25 count lugana.
The picture doesn't do it justice. I'll have to take another later.
I really enjoyed working this piece. I have other works in progress but I always came back to this one. It had such a calming effect.
As I was going through rooms... cleaning them out, I happened to come across this frame... and lo and behold... it fit the design perfectly. Coincidence? Hmm... I always wished for a wall just for samplers. THIS is the first piece for the sampler wall. Everytime I walk past it, it motivates me to finish the others.
Works in progress as of 5/5/2010....
- Bienvenue : Long Dog Samplers
- Peaceful Garden : Moira Blackburn
- 1798 Quaker : Good Huswife
- Biscournu Patchwork Sampler : 12 biscournu designs on one design board. Center will have one big floral design. Only designing in two colors. Red and gold.
- Fairy tale ABC Sampler : French classic ABC's with fairy tale figures in between the letters. Little boy blue, little bo peep,

No comments:
Post a Comment