
Still “rolling around” in those bags. With the girls living at home, everyday is a new adventure in “bags”.
I purchased a book from Amazon.com entitled the NEW HANDMADE. We received it over the weekend and it inspired the girls so much that they went out to JoAnn’s fabrics the next day to buy fabric. Guess who ended up cutting and sewing. It’s OK… as long as they keep me company… but the minute they “take off” to do other stuff… production stops.
Jess bought solid colors of hot pink and dark blue. The hot pink had a linen feel to it while the dark blue was a little more thicker. I’ll have to go with her next time so she can tell me what kind of fabrics these are.
I purchased a book from Amazon.com entitled the NEW HANDMADE. We received it over the weekend and it inspired the girls so much that they went out to JoAnn’s fabrics the next day to buy fabric. Guess who ended up cutting and sewing. It’s OK… as long as they keep me company… but the minute they “take off” to do other stuff… production stops.
Jess bought solid colors of hot pink and dark blue. The hot pink had a linen feel to it while the dark blue was a little more thicker. I’ll have to go with her next time so she can tell me what kind of fabrics these are.
Kaitlyn’s was primarily cotton prints and corduroy. The zipper I was working with was an invisible zipper. Doesn’t quite give the effect I like and is hard to close and open. I’m sure there are “purse” type zippers out there.
For grocery bags or bags with handles that should be waterproof, the book mentions oilcloth. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of vinyl being called oilcloth. Apparently, it comes in many colors… here’s a seller from ETSY
http://www.etsy.com/shop/oilclothaddict
ETSY: It’s a really cool place for supplies of all kinds… even patterns such as this….
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=41220360
For grocery bags or bags with handles that should be waterproof, the book mentions oilcloth. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of vinyl being called oilcloth. Apparently, it comes in many colors… here’s a seller from ETSY
http://www.etsy.com/shop/oilclothaddict
ETSY: It’s a really cool place for supplies of all kinds… even patterns such as this….
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=41220360

No comments:
Post a Comment